Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Woods of Invernesse

4 posters

:: Main Deck

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

The Woods of Invernesse - Page 6 Empty Re: The Woods of Invernesse

Post by Captain Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:30 pm

Aaron finally snapped out of it. In a weak voice, he managed to squeak out, "Yeah... let's move on." Even his traditionally vibrant yellow goopiness was looking a bit green. Hope, now a few paces away from a few slowly scattering members of the group, glared. "Yeah, might as well."

Quickly wrapping up his bedstuff and throwing it onto his back, he yelped in surprise and dropped it. "What the FUCK!?" Reaching as best as he could, he felt a nub around his shoulderblades, and an unfamiliar puffiness reaching around and across his ribs towards the front. Turning, he asked in general, "Hey, what the fuck is ON me???"
Captain
Captain
Admin

http://gunja.nstars.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Fira Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:32 pm

Thorb looked up at her hopelessly. Her words should have been comforting, but it was obvious they weren't getting through to him. "....We should get going." He stood and waddled over to the rest of the group, still with that hopeless and sad cast to his eyes. He glanced at the graves and turned away with a pained expression. "Come on." He walked off wordlessly, returning to the path.

Emily and Matteo exchanged a worried glance. Elijah just looked impassive. When nobody ventured to follow the troll, the robot huffed and started walking, a light spring in his step. "Well, you heard the man. Let's roll." He called over his shoulder. Emily shrugged and followed him, still clutching the feather close to her. After a short pause, Matteo moved to stand by Ian and Aaron and make sure they were all right before starting to walk towards the path.
Fira
Fira

http://avianoptometrist.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Regina Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:47 pm

The small group traveled down the path (even smaller as of late), a disheartened Thorb quietly leading them. The path was overgrown and sometimes tough to walk on, but for a time, all was peaceful and serene. A dark and gloomy aura seemed to have settled over the teenagers, but at least there was no bickering or drama. Everything was silent.

Until poor Thorb walked straight into an almost-invisible spider web, a few small threads shining in the small amount of sunshine that fell on the strands. As soon as his body sent vibrations up the web, there was a loud rustling sound as a spider girl rapidly emerged from her hiding spot among the branches of a nearby tree. Her six brown, fuzzy legs swiftly carried her closer to the web, her eight eyes completely black with the rush from the hunt. However, as soon as she saw that her captured prey was a sentient creature and not a simple forest animal, her body relaxed and her eyes went back to their natural brown hue.

"Whoops! Sorry about that!" She nimbly climbed down and freed the poor troll, destroying the intricate patterns of the web in the process. She smiled widely, her poisonous fangs gleaming white. She tossed her long hair before addressing him again.

"I didn't expect to see people actually using the path. Usually it's just animals that come this way. Oh!" She exclaimed suddenly, her expression suddenly lighting up with excitement. "Let me make it up to you!"

She gestured down the path, going into a slight polite bow.

"I'll take you to the nest! You can meet Spinestra and stay the night there. What do you say?" She spoke quickly and breathlessly, her inviting hostess mood very overbearing, but genuine.
Regina
Regina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fira Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:21 pm

Thorb blinked up at the girl in horror. He was never a fan of spiders, and getting caught in a web was near the top of his "personal hells" list. However, her offer was a kind one, even if he was scared out of his mind. The shock drove away his melancholy for a moment, long enough to get him to speak. "U-um, that would be....very nice, yes. Uh, lead the way?" He brushed at his arms absentmindedly, still feeling like he was caught in the sticky web.

Emily shrunk back a little at the sudden appearance of the spider with a frightened squeak. Spiders were definitely at the top of her fears list, and this one had looked so ready to kill before she'd seen it was Thorb. When she invited them to the village, Emily shook her head quickly, but Thorb's response had already sealed her fate. "Oh no..." She murmured, holding her feather close. It gave her a bit of courage, but she was still frightened.
Fira
Fira

http://avianoptometrist.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Regina Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:57 pm

The spider girl nodded energetically.

"My pleasure! Please, follow me." She stopped, suddenly remembering something. "Oh, that's right! I didn't even introduce myself to you! I'm Octavia." She turned back around, not bothering to get a good look at everyone in the party. It didn't matter. She had inconvenienced them, and it would be rude to not take care of them for the day!

Lacy grinned at Octavia. Finally, another spider person! And she was cute... in all honesty, she was curious to see how her species lived.

April was suspicious. She had started growling at the other spider girl, but stopped when she revealed herself as friendly. Sure, she sounded like she meant no harm, but two of the group were already dead. She nonchalantly floated over to Thorb, whispering her thoughts to him.

"Hey, Thorb, can we trust her? Are spider people that nice, or are we walking into some horrible trap?"

Ian continued on quietly, walking next to Matteo. He was still a bit too shaken by recent events to care one way or another where they ended up, as long as it was somewhere with water. He scratched at his arms, the scales starting to dry out a bit.
Regina
Regina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6