Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Behold Atlantis

4 posters

:: Main Deck

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Behold Atlantis - Page 3 Empty Re: Behold Atlantis

Post by Fira Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:47 pm

Miles had followed silently, not bothering to make small talk with the other members of the exploration team. He was far too busy thinking. In fact, he was so distracted that he didn't even notice when Esteban stumbled. He nearly tripped when he encountered the stairs, but quickly recovered and looked up at Esteban, realizing he had asked a question. "...My story? Well, there isn't much to tell. I was born and raised in San Francisco, became friends with Varina, went on the cruise, and now, well...here we are." He shrugged, not really wanting to spill out his life story to this group of random strangers.

Varina laid quietly in the sand, petting the shark puppy and not saying much. Her usual excitement over the sea creature had diminished a bit, and it was obvious something was on her mind. She frowned, turning her gaze away from the puppy and instead peering up at the inky blackness of the water above. "Hey, Kindra, was it? What are your thoughts on this place?" She closed her eyes, marvelling at her lack of a need to breathe. There was a vague curiosity about that in the back of her mind but she wanted to get her ideas off of her chest first. "Do you think we died? How did we get here? Why the tattoos? Why don't we need to breathe? Why us? These questions have been whirling around in my head since we got here and I just. can't. make. sense of them!" She hit the sand with her fist, frustrated. "I wish Miles was here. He could give me a good second opinion..." She sighed the words quietly to herself, still looking up at the darkness above.
Fira
Fira

http://avianoptometrist.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Regina Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:27 pm

Babydoll giggled as Miles tripped, not even trying to be subtle about it. She hadn't been admiring the scenery very much: her only goal was to find a dry place to resume crafting her masterpieces. She chipped in her two cents about her life, though.

"My story? Similar to Miles', but I would have been perfectly content to stay at home. Why on earth my parents insisted on the trip I suppose I'll never know."

She glanced at Esteban, tilting her head up at him.

"What about you? If I may ask, what is your story?"

Kindra observed Varina with raised eyebrows as the injured girl's questions got more frantic and confused.

"Easy, now." She said with a calming tone as she gently placed a hand on Varina's shoulder. She soon removed it and returned to staring out at the water as she answered her questions.

"Trust me, we're all confused. Hell, I'm still not entirely sure this isn't a weird-ass hallucination. I'm sure you're not the only one with all the questions. And I can't answer the majority of them, but I will say this: right now, we aren't drowned in the ocean. We're here. For better or worse, we survived. That or this is a damn weird version of purgatory. Breathe. We'll figure this out. We'll adapt."

She smiled reassuringly, trying to transfer soothing thoughts. Hopefully that would get the girl to calm down. She glanced around, trying to find something to distract her. Didn't she like fish?

Kindra pointed at an unfamiliar fish, nudging Varina.

"Hey, what's that fish called?"
Regina
Regina

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:46 pm

Esteban shrugged. "I mean, it's nothing too terribly interesting. I'm a sophomore high-school dropout because addictions and interests I couldn't follow while in school. I've got a moderately large online following under a pseudonym that I won't disclose, due to an extensive network of connections and pieced-together data, diagrams on how to make equipment such as this little tick here," he waved the GPS, "and stuff that will ACTUALLY help you place the position and existence of ghosts, not like that stupid fucking junk on TV. I've got instructions on how to banish ghosts, talk to ghosts, be ignored by ghosts, etc etc. I've even got a series of videos of shit going down, but it's not even serious. That's the thing. MY ghost hunts aren't for the thrill, for either me or the viewers. Mine are simply for figuring out the rifts between our world and theirs and how it works and how they function."

He blinked and sniffed. "And I'm rambling and y'all probably aren't even interested." By this time, they were at the head of the stairs, facing a large, empty doorway. "Shall we go in?"
Captain
Captain
Admin

http://gunja.nstars.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Fira Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:06 pm

Varina took a deep breath and exhaled, trying to get back under control. It wasn't like her to get so upset over things. "Heh, sorry. I've been keeping that back since we got here. Doesn't help that I'm injured, either. I like moving! When can I move again?" She shook her head and grinned, sitting up again. When Kindra pointed out the fish, Varina whirled to look at it, her eyes wide She smiled when she recognized it. It was a long, skinny fish with a ridged dorsal fin and a stripe running along its side. "That's a lancetfish. They're deep sea creatures, though they're sometimes caught along with tuna by accident." The fish darted away, realizing it had been spotted. Varina pouted as it disappeared. "Aww. Scientists don't know much about those. It would have been nice if it stuck around so I could study it."

Miles glared at Babydoll before turning to Esteban. "So you are a paranormal investigator. It's good to have the confirmation." He nodded to himself with a small smile, triumphant. "It's no wonder you had such an issue with Varina's opinions, then. She has...issues...with the paranormal. And while I tend to be more open-minded, she's very stubborn. It will take her a while to come around." He shrugged. "Just thought you should know before you give up on her completely...Anyways. I'm ready to go. Lead the way."

Last edited by Fira on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fira
Fira

Back to top Go down

Post by Regina Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:35 pm

Kindra shrugged off Varina's apology.

"Nah, kid. It's fine." She listened with interest at the explanation of the lancetfish with genuine interest.

"Heh. You seem to know a lot about this marine biology stuff. What got you interested in that?"

Babydoll ignored the glare and nodded her head in response to Esteban's question.

"Yes, let's proceed. That is, if Princess Crown can go anywhere without tripping over himself. Wouldn't want you to get hurt and spill your nasty blood everywhere~!" She mocked in a sing-song voice, her tone devoid of malice, the complete opposite of her words. She stepped in front of Miles, using the extra bulk of her skirt and her bag to push him out of the way.
Regina
Regina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fira Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:25 pm

Miles reddened, horrified. He spluttered for a moment before he was rudely shoved aside, right into a wall. He smacked against it, hurting his arm. "Ow! Fuck!" He whirled towards Babydoll, infuriated. For a moment, he considered grabbing her sleeve, yelling at her, forcing her to apologize, but instead froze, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath, visibly relaxing. I must not lose my temper. To do so would be to lower myself to her level. After completing his mental mantra, he reopened his eyes and regarded the situation calmly, though he couldn't help but be a little condescending in his response. "I'll do my best to not trip this time, Miss Clara. Take care to do so as well, it would be such a shame if you got hurt." He smiled at her.

Varina grinned. "Oh yeah, I know a ton about the sea!" Her eyes took on an ecstatic, faraway cast as she continued without a shred of modesty. "Tropical fish, arctic fish, big fish, small fish, crustaceans, mollusks, you name it, I know it! I'm a verifiable expert on all things aquatic!" She grew suddenly bashful and lowered her voice for the last part. "I even run a blog on the subject." After a pause, Varina regained her original tone and answered Kindra's question. "I've always loved the ocean. My dad's a fisherman and he brought back stories of the sea whenever he came back from a trip. It helps that Miles lives right by the beach, too, and that I have a membership card to the aquarium. With resources like that, it's only inevitable that I'd study marine biology!" She smiled joyfully to herself, glad to have someone to talk to about it.
Fira
Fira

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:48 am

Esteban rolled his eyes, stepping in front of Babydoll.

"Look, I know you two probably aren't gonna believe me, but here's the deal." He took a deep breath. "We were all aboard a ship intended to sail to the Bermuda Triangle in case something very strange happened - on a day often purported to have mystical qualities. Something very strange did happen, whether you believe we never died, we actually died and somehow came back to life, or we all died and are living some kind of purgatory/hell together. These are the facts. Irrefutable. We were on a ship, weird shit went down, we're together. Okay?"

"What I believe actually occurred is that we never died, all somehow becoming infused with a lost soul. How, I don't know, considering I'm clearly the only one here with any knowledge of the sort regarding the supernatural world, which does somewhat put a damper on my theory, BUT..."

"It seems to me, at the very least, that we were infused with lost souls - which are essentially dead people - and then were thrown through some kind of... portal that demands a life or a payment or something. Clearly, nobody else lived. Clearly, we're the only five left from a shipwreck that literally split a cruise liner in half. Clearly, we've still got at least remnants of our hitchhikers, since these tattoos are definitely reading up a storm."

"Better, here's another thing: there's no activity happening up north right now. None. Not a bit. Here, look." He zipped the GPS around to show them a heat/movement reading screen. "Nothing happening through the ENTIRE Bermuda Triangle region, or for a distance beyond. It's not just... not reading anything, because we can obviously see planes and boats circling around the region. I mean, we can even fucking see tourists in Florida from here, all right? Which means some REALLY serious shit is going on up there. But the kicker is that there weren't just a lot of people who aren't showing up on this. That ship was lit to HELL with supernatural activity when it got attacked. There were easily a couple thousand, if not hundreds of thousand ghosts, and demons, and other shit on it. Now? Nothing. Which means something ATE them, and the people. I don't know anything that eats ghosts and leaves no residue. This is bad. Worse, it's still eating whatever crosses its boundaries."

"Look, I don't know or care if you guys know, care, or even consider the severity of the situation right now, but chances are, we have to do something to shut that off. Really strange things happen usually around really strange places. Atlantis definitely counts as a really strange place, all right? So, chances are we have to figure something out, trigger something up, and/or blow something to hell. I don't need to know if you're with me. I don't need to know that you care at all. What I need is time to figure this out and do it, with or without any of you. So I would thank you to not overburden yourselves with fucking stupid pettiness, or at the very least, not by me." With that, he flicked a switch on the top of the GPS, turning it into a functionally VERY bright flashlight, turned, and walked into the darkness of the building.
Captain
Captain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fira Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Miles blinked at the sudden outburst from Esteban, not expecting it. He was surprised by all of the theories the man had concerning their situation, but after considering it for a second, it did make more sense than any other explanation he could think of. However, upon hearing the news of disaster at the surface, he blanched, realizing how lucky they had been while simultaneously fearing for the lives of his family and friends back at home. However, before he could say anything, Esteban brusquely concluded his little speech and left, turning on a hidden flashlight in the device. Miles hurried after him as best as he could, the water still slowing him down. "You're right, Esteban, burdening each other with drama is not the best option right now. Forgive me for that. And I know you don't care, but I'm staying with you to try and get to the bottom of this."

He picked at his cuffs, feeling a bit silly. "I doubt I could be of much help, but I'll do my best to assist you if the chance arises."
Fira
Fira

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:49 pm

Esteban half-turned at the incredibly unexpected sentiment. "Miles, was it?" After half a beat, he nodded thoughtfully. "Thank you."

Turning back he scanned the flashlight around the room. As expected, it appeared a library, the light lighting up a good number of books and scrolls tucked away into shelves. "What...?" He walked up to a section and pulled out a book quite incredibly damp, awkwardly balancing it on the hand holding the GPS while opening it and turning a few pages. "This has presumably been here for a very long time... how has the water not corrupted the paper???"
Captain
Captain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Regina Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:21 am

Babydoll had opened her mouth to retort, but Esteban cut her off instead. She pointedly looked away from him when he was delivering his spiel, a faint smile on her face. As if she had done something wrong! Nevertheless, it wasn't as if she was ignoring what he was saying. She was listening with interest, hoping that somewhere in that explanation, there would be a hint at finding a way to escape this place so she could return home. A short jolt of apprehension thundered through her, but stopped when she realized that anyone of interest to her was too far north to be in immediate danger.

She silently followed the two, an eyebrow raised at the structure of the ruin they entered. She peeked at the book in Esteban's hand.

"Hm. Didn't you say this place was awash in strange supernatural happenings? If that is the case, then the fact that they survived the harsh ocean water?" She narrowed her eyes at the paper, her position and the limited lighting not allowing her to get a good look. "Does it say anything coherent?"

Kindra smiled at Varina's enthusiasm. It made her happy to see the previously-melancholy girl so energetic. It was kind of cute, in a little-sister kind of way.

"That's adorable, kid." She said, with the tone of a proud older sister. She sighed a bit, somewhat jealous of Varina's passion. "Wish I was that passionate about something. Good for you for finding your dream and taking steps towards it."
Regina
Regina

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:45 pm

Esteban tried hard not to roll his eyes as he turned to Babydoll. "Supernatural happenings do not account for things such as the lack of destruction of paper in water...!" Taking a deep breath, he looked back at the book in his hands, flipping a few more pages through. "Supernatural happenings account for disturbances in emotions, objects flying around, absolute 180s of behavior, spontaneous fires and other destructive qualities, but they certainly do not, have not, and more than likely never will PREVENT destruction!" At the final syllable, he slammed the book shut and put it back in the shelf.

"And no, it does NOT say anything coherent. Unless you happen to be able to read what I presume to be Atlantian. But feel free to try. It might keep you out of my way."
Captain
Captain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Regina Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:22 pm

Babydoll huffed before pulling her skirt out in a mock courtesy, her voice heavy with sarcasm as she bowed deeply to Esteban.

"Oh, I do so apologize, all knowing Esteban, for not knowing the specifics of an unfamiliar and strange field. How ever could I have thought that something strange and unnatural would correspond to the supernatural aspect of the world. Yes, of course, what an amateur mistake I have made! Please forgive me for making a guess at understanding our situation. Surely someone like you who wanted to avoid petty drama would be quite forgiving to an ignoramus like myself!"

She rolled her eyes before standing up again, making no other comment. Fine then. She would stay quiet and out of his way if he so desired.
Regina
Regina

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:38 pm

"Excuse me?" Esteban stopped and fixed Babydoll with the sharpest glare he could. "I will not ask for your forgiveness for being irritated at your ignorance. Nor will I apologize for the tone with which I offered not only a correction, but information on a subject you clearly know nothing about. What I WILL ask for, is either your persistent silence, or your lack of presence. For, if you cannot be remotely civil, it's certainly not my fault."

Holding up a finger before she could say any more, he added, "After all, two altercations occurred between the three of us here and there's only one common link."
Captain
Captain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fira Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:10 pm

Miles ignored the two and instead looked around the library, examining the shelves. One tome caught his eye, and he pulled it out. It was a scroll case, with caps at both ends made of some warm-colored metal, possibly brass or gold. The body of it looked blue, but it could have been white or even grey. It was hard to tell, with the water and the cold light emanating from his brow. He pulled at the top of it, and after a small struggle, it opened with a pop, a large bubble floating up as water invaded the case. Miles dumped out the scroll within and unfurled it, shocked at how well the ancient parchment had kept. "Odd..."

He thought back to what he had overheard of Esteban's explanations. "Much as I hate to break up the argument, I have a theory to offer. Even though it's probably totally wrong. I'm no expert." He shrugged, but continued. "But suppose that what happened with us, happened to this library. I mean, we dealt with the supernatural, and yet it didn't destroy us, quite the opposite. Perhaps these books have some sort of protection as well?" He paused, considering another option that had just occurred to him, one much more mundane. "...Ooor the Atlantians just waterproofed their paper with wax and it kept fairly well. That is also an option."

Varina chuckled, amused by the other girl's tone. "You know, for one who looks so intimidating, with the sunglasses, and the trench coat, and the cotton candy hair, you're actually really nice. I'm glad!" She smiled, adjusting her position a little to get comfortable again. She rested her chin on her hand with a contented expression. "And yeah, I've always moved forward with my dream. I'm a bit of an odd one out as a result, but I've got Miles and my dad and some school friends, so I'm never lonely. It's nice. And I'm sure one day you'll find your passion too! Then, nothing can stop you!" Varina gave Kindra a thumbs-up, trying to encourage her.
Fira
Fira

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:14 pm

Esteban shook his head at Miles' suggestion. "The paper's not waxy at all, and I can 100% guarantee this isn't due to a supernatural circumstance, since that'd imply some sort of aftereffect. I mean, if it WAS supernatural, this whole library would be lit up. It's not."

He frowned. "I may have failed to mention this, but it seems as good a time as any." He held up the GPS again. "REL/A says we're not even living. All five of us show up as unidentified supernatural beings." He opened his mouth as if to add, but didn't, turning back to sweeping the walls with the light, instead.
Captain
Captain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fira Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:16 pm

Miles shrugged. "Then I'm all out of ideas." He rolled the scroll back up and stowed it in the case, popping the lid back on. "I'm going to bring this along when we leave. Perhaps Kindra or Varina could give us some suggestions." However, when Esteban mentioned the GPS, he froze. "Wait. What? What do you mean we're...we're not alive? What are we, then? What's a supernatural being in this context?" He laid a hand on his forehead, agitated but trying not to show it. Freaking out wouldn't help his situation in the slightest. The most it would do is piss Esteban off, and that was the last thing he wanted right now.

Miles spoke again after a short while, his voice noticeably tenser. "I...would really like an explanation, even if it's just speculation at this point." He shivered. "As open-minded as I like to be with the supernatural, this is....not exactly the best news. I rather enjoy being alive..."
Fira
Fira

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:28 pm

Esteban raised an eyebrow a bit to look at Miles. It wasn't raised in a surprised manner, more as if he was worried. "I... have nothing but speculation beyond what I've said, I'm afraid. I mean, REL/A... well, there's some very strange readings on us that seem to suggest something beyond humanity, and reading somewhat like ghosts, but we're not in the spirit realm, I'm sure of that much."

He swallowed. "I mean... well... we read as anomalies. Which is pretty clear, since I'm completely positive we all died back there... only, we didn't because we all merged with a spirit and that merger seems to have solidified into a single being with the living being's physical properties, but... it seems to suggest more tha--"

Before he finished his words, though, the GPS started blaring up a storm. WARNING! WARNING! EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY! REPEAT: EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY! INCOMING AT 12:30!

Esteban started moving before he thought to warn the others the same. "Something's coming this way from the north! MOVE!" Moving to the door through water was painfully slow, but he was reaching for the frame soon enough.
Captain
Captain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fira Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:14 am

Miles jumped as the alarm blared, and for a moment his control slipped. "Oh HOLY SHIT!" With that outburst, he turned and ran as fast as he could towards the door, which admittedly was not very fast at all, and was also rather silly looking. Had he not been terrified out of his mind at the moment, he probably would have found some humor in the situation. As it was, his main concern was leaving as soon as possible.

For a moment, he was tempted to just start swimming instead, but then he realized that the threat probably swam faster than he could.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯HOW DO MAKE POST LONGER¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fira
Fira

Back to top Go down

Post by Regina Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:28 am

Kindra chuckled, genuinely touched by Varina's words.

"Ha! Cotton candy hair! I haven't heard that one yet. Thanks, kid." She paused, pondering her statement for a moment. What was her passion? Oh well. Not the time to be thinking of that now.

"Heh. Speaking of that Miles, you two have a very interesting dynamic. How'd you become friends?"

Babydoll started moving immediately. Her large skirt and her heavy bag made moving quickly very difficult, but she would be damned if she died in such a place. She grit her teeth and forced herself to move as rapidly as she possibly could.
Regina
Regina

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:55 pm

They'd just barely moved out of the way when something very large and very dark crashed through the library wall Esteban and Miles had been standing in front of to their right. The body dug deeply into the floor, yet was easily clearing the 50-foot roof. It traveled past with a thundering moan, which faded into nothing.

"All right. People okay? Are we okay?" Esteban asked breathlessly as he consulted the GPS. He held it in the direction of the origin, moving back towards where it'd crashed through and cautiously standing in its wake, pointing the little machine directly to the source.

"Looks like it came FROM something, since it's left some kind of trail, but I can't tell what the something is, and it's getting worse as the trail fades." He punched some buttons furiously, trying to lock in the degree, but kept being met with INCONCLUSIVE INFORMATION. PLEASE PICK ANOTHER SOURCE.

Frustrated, he nearly threw the thing at the floor, but didn't. After a moment of irritated pondering, he turned. "I'm going that way," he said, pointing down the trail etched in the ground. Without asking if they wanted to come with, he started moving.

Meanwhile, sharkpuppy was beginning to act a little strange. It made whimpering sounds and would occasionally do something that sounded halfway between a bark and a blech, beginning to act a little hyper.

Suddenly, a echoing growl broke out a few buildings over. No crashing was heard - just the sound, but it seemed to excite sharkpuppy quite a bit. He started running circles around Kindra, bark/belching up a storm.
Captain
Captain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fira Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:50 pm

Miles squeaked, terrified by the sudden appearance of..whatever that was. He had no idea what it was, but had they not been warned by the GPS, he would certainly be dead by now. It slipped away, and he took a moment to compose himself before answering Esteban's question. "Oh, god...Y-yeah, I'm all right." He quickly stood, brushing debris off of his sleeves. "That...What was that thing?" However, his question was ignored as Esteban went back to the scene of the Thing's appearance. He cautiously followed, not wanting to get left behind in case Esteban ran off...which he promptly did.

Miles sighed and turned to Babydoll. "Clara, I'm going after him. If you choose not to,
go make sure Kindra and Varina are all right. The Thing might go there next, and Varina's already injured. I'd feel better if they had more help."
Without waiting for a response, he turne and ran after Esteban, following the trail.

~~

Varina frowned a little at the mention of Miles. She'd known this question was coming. However, she had no idea what her relationship was with him anymore. "'Interesting dynamic' doesn't cover half of it..." She mumbled to herself. Thankfully, she was saved from answering by the sharkpuppy, who had started acting very strangely. Varina perked up at the creature's behavior, secretly relieved by the distraction. "What interesting vocalizations..." She blinked when the growl rang out. It didn't sound like any sea creature she knew of, even this deep beneath the waves. A bit of trepidation stole into her heart. "...What was that?"
Fira
Fira

Back to top Go down

Post by Regina Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:33 pm

Babydoll straightened herself out, a bit fershimmeled from the creature. She took a few deep breaths to calm herself down.

"I'm quite alright..." She watched as Esteban but frowned at Miles. There was only one person allowed to call her that, and it certainly wasn't him. She quickly started after them, catching up to Miles.

"Oh dear, sweetheart. I'm afraid you won't be rid of me that easily, especially if you call me that. They'll be fine, and if they aren't, my presence won't help them." She smiled at him, her tone devoid of the hate she felt for him as she followed the trail.

Kindra furrowed her brows at the Sharkpuppy.

"What's wrong, boy...?" She jumped slightly at the growl, standing up without hesitation.

"Jesus H. Christ!" She turned to Varina, her fists clenched. "I have no idea what that was, but it didn't sound friendly. The hell did that come from...?"
Regina
Regina

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:25 am

Esteban walked down the scrapen trail slowly, the water resistence dragging him back. It didn't help any the stone or something in his boot, and he was trying to ignore it, but it finally got to him. He switched to swimming, per Miles's cue when moving from the path of the large creature, but it didn't help any.

He sat on the ground and tugged off the boot, resting the GPS in his lap. Getting the thing, whatever it was, OUT of the boot, proved more difficult than it should have been. Despite the lessened gravity pull, Esteban still shook the boot. Feeling around inside of it didn't do any better, either. It finally floated out and bopped him on the nose as he tried to peek in. Wrinkling his nose and shaking his head, he bent to put the boot back on.

Not flexible enough to do it simply, Esteban sat, balanced pecariously on his ass and threatening to fall onto his back, trying to tug the boot on and failing horribly. Halfway through, the GPS started blinking and buzzing up a storm. Esteban yelped and abandoned the boot, scrambling away from the unexpected motion. Once he'd realized what it was, he growled, put back on his boot (which took a lot less time standing), and picked the thing up. "Why now...?" he muttered to himself as he hit a few buttons. Resettling his glasses, he looked up at a short cylindrical building with a dome roof, not more than 15 feet in diameter and the same high. "Why... there...?" he muttered again, before changing course to head for it.

Sharkpuppy made a happy noise and darted for where the sound had come from. It wasn't more than a second from then before the sound of heavy footsteps and crumbling stone started moving towards them. Within moments, sharkpuppy was out of sight
Captain
Captain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fira Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:00 am

Miles snorted at Esteban's difficulties. He was about to offer a bit of help, but the man figured it out on his own and changed course, once again forgetting to tell him and Babydoll. Miles sighed, shook his head, and continued trailing him, waving out to Babydoll that they were changing directions in case she hadn't paid attention. As he walked, he hummed quietly to himself, remembering a song he had learned during his brief stint as a piano student. It was pretty funny, how old stuff like that came back when he least expected it. He supposed part of the reason was the silence that enveloped them. Normally, Varina chatted up a storm and he didn't have the time or desire to reflect back. He honestly was not sure which situation he preferred more.

He paddled over to Esteban in an attempt to catch up, curious about something. "Hey. You picked up on that signal you were looking for, didn't you? I'm curious, what exactly do you think is on the other end of that?" He braced himself, expecting a bit of a brusque answer as was the investigator's norm. He still wasn't quite used to the lack of politeness within this group, and doubted he ever would be.

~~

Varina watched warily as the animal departed. "This...is not good." She winced when the odd noises began, quite a bit more nervous than she was before. This place was starting to make less and less sense the longer she stayed there. Every explanation that went through her mind couldn't quite cover every bit of evidence she had, and now it seemed that danger was imminent. If there was one thing that freaked her out more than anything else, it was danger from the unknown. Which is why her voice quavered when she spoke again. "We need to move. This place...isn't safe anymore, I just know it. Please, can you help me stand and walk? I..I don't want to hurt my ankle any more than it already is." She gave Kindra a pleading look, scared now.
Fira
Fira

Back to top Go down

Post by Regina Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:59 pm

Babydoll had been paying attention to where Esteban was leading and followed suit, although her thoughts soon began wandering. As she lazily swam behind the boys, she found herself remembering the first ballet recital she had ever attended: Swan Lake. She hadn't the faintest clue why the memory of the graceful dancers with the beautiful costumes suddenly surfaced, but as it was a pleasant experience, it was quite welcome.

She smirked as Esteban struggled with his boot, but otherwise was quiet. As much fun as it was antagonizing the man, she figured it wasn't going to sped up the process of finding a way out very much. In all honesty, she wasn't very interested in where they were going, and allowed herself to daydream as they changed courses yet again.

Kindra had been fidgeting ever since she had stood up. She frowned as Sharkpuppy ran off, turning towards Varina as she spoke up. Kindra paused, looking from Varina to the direction the animal had run off to, and made her decision. She quickly pulled Varina up, glad that the water made it easier to help her up.

"Sure, kid. Don't worry; I've got you." In another second she had pulled Varina onto her back, not waiting for the other girl's permission. "We're following it!" She cried as she took off towards the sound, moving slightly slower than she would due to the restrictions of the water and the extra weight on her back. Despite her thin and lanky stature, she was stronger than she looked.
Regina
Regina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

:: Main Deck

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum