Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crossroads Cafe- Now on Gunja!

4 posters

:: Main Deck

Go down

Crossroads Cafe- Now on Gunja! Empty Crossroads Cafe- Now on Gunja!

Post by Fira Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:52 pm

By popular demand (aka, I SAID SO), the coffeeshop AU has been moved to Gunja!

Rules and Info wrote:Alright, so basically how this works (since we have a ton of characters in this already, even with only 3 rpers) is that each rper picks up to 2 main characters and up to 3 side characters to rp as every day (main characters being cafe staff, while side characters are patrons). I'll update this topic whenever we update the characters we're playing, so let me know via skype or whatever when you wanna switch.

After that, we'll start rping a new day in the cafe with silly character plots or whatever. Very informal, as simple or complex as you'd like it. You can use the same characters for more than one day at a time, if you like. A day in the cafe ends whenever our current plot is exhausted, so it could be anywhere from a day to a month depending on how busy or involved we are.

We'll all post simple profiles in here for every character we wish to use. nothing too in-depth if you don't want to, just basics like name, age, personality, maybe a couple bits of backstory. We'll need those either as refreshers for the character or for those who aren't aware who this character is. If the character doesn't quite fit the AU or you just wish to improve them in general, their profile would be the best place to put any changes.

I think that's about it...If anyone wishes to join this AU, just contact me and i'll add you, so long as you remember to PM me your profiles~

Oh, one more thing. Please remember that this AU is informal and not intended to be canon for any rp. It can be used as a character-building exercise or whatever you wish. INTERACTION IS ENCOURAGED!

((P.S. Is everything always as it seems?))
Put your profiles in this topic, friends.

Finished Profiles:

Fira-
Spoiler:

Regina-
Spoiler:

Ace-
Spoiler:

Max-

Spoiler:

Last edited by Fira on Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:47 pm; edited 8 times in total
Fira
Fira

http://avianoptometrist.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Crossroads Cafe- Now on Gunja! Empty Re: Crossroads Cafe- Now on Gunja!

Post by Fira Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:52 pm

Current RPers and their Characters:
Fira- Dex, Emily
Regina- None Yet!
Ace- None Yet!
Meg- None Yet!
Cap- None Yet!

THE STORY SO FAR...
(spoilered due to huge. not necessary to actually read, but good to catch up on.)
Spoiler:

Last edited by Fira on Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Fira
Fira

Back to top Go down

Post by Regina Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:35 am

By the time Dex called out her drink, Lacy was much more alert and active, although she still desperately needed the extra kick of the caffeine. She mock-pouted, prepared for any flirting Dex could throw out.

"Aww, 'unsavory'? Well, in that case, you can use any substitute any positive adjective you want." She smiled at him, her eyelids lowered ever so slightly in a way to make herself seem more fun and cute. Her flirting was harmless, and had Dex not recovered, she would have backed off. She might not have the best morals or made the best choices, but she knew when to dial it back as to not cross any significant lines. As she made her way up to the front, she casually  took a look at the two kids sitting by the window and nodded in approval. She gratefully took the drink out of Dex's hand, quickly gulping down at least 1/3 of the drink in one go. She wiped her mouth in appreciation.

"Ahh...boy did I need that." She strode back into the seating area, this time at a table much closer to the counter. Without missing a beat, she pulled out a small flask and uncapped it. Kindra, who had been mindlessly wiping down the counter (a habitual act she did whenever she had nothing to do) immediately looked up. She recognized such containers and felt a brief flash of nausea in her stomach. She had to speak up.

"Hey. Sorry, kid, but no alcohol on the premise. Shop rules." In truth, there was no official rule against it, but it was something Kindra quietly insisted on. Besides, their in-store prohibition was implied anyway, so she wasn't doing anything out of the norm. Lacy shrugged, a bit put-off, but ultimately deciding it wasn't a big deal.

"Sure. Whatever the attractive barista wishes will be my command." As usual, turning everything into an opportunity to score a new hook-up.

Last edited by Regina on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Regina
Regina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fira Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:29 pm

Dex hurriedly shook his head, almost immediately getting flustered again. "Ah, n-no thanks! I can't go hitting on every woman that comes in here, after all!" He winced. Damn, Dex, step up your game! Thankfully, the hungover girl didn't seem to notice. When she opened her flask, Dex shot Kindra a side glance, mouth quirked in a half smile. Any mention of drugs or alcohol seemed to set Kindra off. The girl always stiffened and adopted a slightly harsher demeanor, and sometimes he could swear she turned just a little bit green. It was obvious they were a trigger of some sort, but he still didn't know exactly why. He was certainly expecting her response, of course, and couldn't help mouthing the words along with her with a devilish smile. Of course, he didn't let her know he'd done that. Instead, he quickly struck up a conversation before she noticed and got suspicious. "Honestly, I thought I was thirsty as hell. I've got nothing on her." He leaned on the counter, resting his cheek in his gloved hand. "Of course, if she ever actually gets any, that's far more than I'd be able to accomplish..." He froze and went quiet, realizing what exactly he'd said. Wow, I am REALLY fucking up today... "Uh...Yeah, I'm gonna go...bake some more cake pops. For the special. Yeah." He hurried away, absolutely mortified.

Miles and Varina were watching the scene at the counter with interest. Or at least, Varina was. Miles was busy turning the pages of his math book, the tips of his ears red with shame. The pair had finished their argument in a whisper, and it was only after Miles had brandished his math homework like a sword at her argument did he finally accept defeat. "...Yup, you definitely forgot to distribute that exponent!" Her words had been triumphant, and she had pointed out exactly where he'd gone wrong. He'd since gone back to the problem in a resigned haze, not bothering to speak to her.

Varina chuckled at the goings-on, amused by the flustered barista's motions. She couldn't quite hear what he was saying, but it was obvious he had embarrassed himself. She sipped at her latte, pleased by its light flavor. As silly as the man was, he could certainly make a mean cup of coffee.
Fira
Fira

Back to top Go down

Post by Regina Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:10 am

Kindra had to bite her lip from laughing at Dex's constant foot-in-mouth dialog. The kid was a dork, but today just did not seem to be his day, with him making a bigger fool out of himself than usual. She didn't notice him mouthing along with her spiel, not realizing that she used the exact same phrase any time someone tried to bring in less-than-moral substances into the cafe. She shook her head as the man (he was years older than her, yet he sometimes acted younger than she) ran off, biting onto her fist to keep from humiliating him. Sure, he wasn't exactly a smooth criminal (any conversation with him that lasted longer than five seconds could tell you that), but she wasn't the type of person to outright laugh at his verbal keyboard smash.

The other girl's behavior really didn't bother her. She was never one to be really affected by that kind of stuff, and after high school she was pretty much immune to flirtatious witty remarks. Her response to Lacy was to simply roll her eyes to show that she really wasn't interested. Not just because she wasn't into girls in that way, but it would probably be a long time before she entered any kind of romantic relationship.

As she finished off her drink, Lacy noticed with a frown the loud rumbling of her stomach. Oh right. Between getting up when she did and her quick departure of her house, she had forgotten to grab anything to eat. She fished around in her pockets before discovering to her delight additional money. She scanned the menu, the club sandwich jumping out at her. She smirked; she had just enough to pay for it and the free glowstick had her sold. She proudly slapped down her money on the counter.

"One of the club sandwiches for me, please and thank you. I'm sure it will taste much better if it's made by someone as pretty as you make it for me." She leaned across the counter, head in one hand as she shot Kindra a lazy, adoring smile as the older girl raised an eyebrow and silently took the money. She wasn't responding, but she clearly wasn't uncomfortable with her compliments and perhaps if Lacy was persistent enough, she would land some tonight. Once Kindra had disappeared into the kitchen to prepare the food, she sat back down, bored. She looked around, confirming that no one was looking, before she quickly uncapped the flask and hastily took a swing. That was better. She casually began toying with one of the complimentary sugar packets before placing it in her pocket. It wasn't exactly illegal to take them, but it was probably frowned upon.
Regina
Regina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fira Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:36 am

Dex worked quietly in the kitchen, still red and scowling. He'd seen Kindra bite her hand to keep from laughing. God, he really had made a fool of himself. He sighed and rubbed his forehead. Today was just an off day, he was sure of it. It was the only explanation. Tomorrow he'd be back to normal. Or, at least he hoped so.

He took a deep breath in an attempt to calm down. Okay, Dex. Back to work. Still a little distraught, he pushed it aside and instead focused on the task at hand: more baking. He dug around in the pocket of his apron for a moment before pulling out a plain black hair tie, sweeping his unruly pink hair into a loose ponytail and securing it. Hair in the food was a definite no. He did not need to embarrass himself further. He threw himself into the task, humming a tune as he prepared pans of red velvet cake mix and pushed them into the oven. He donned gloves and pulled a couple of finished cakes out of the fridge, crumbling them and mixing cans of frosting in to get a moist cake mixture. 

After a while of mixing, he switched to singing, quietly singing the words to a pop song in a surprisingly velvety voice, exactly in tune. He couldn't help putting a bit of an emphasis on the vowels of the words, letting his English accent slip out in full as he began rolling the cake and frosting mixture into spheres, setting them on a separate sheet pan and spearing them with lollipop sticks before putting them back in the fridge to harden.

~~

Miles closed his math book with an air of finality, releasing an exasperated sigh. "Why does it always have to be easier when you do a problem wrong?"

Varina grinned, nibbling on her straw. The frappe had long since been finished, she just kept the cup around out of laziness. "'Cause you're not as smart as I am, obviously." 

"Oh, shut up."

She chuckled and released the plastic tube, letting it fall back to its normal position in the lid. "I'm curious. How exactly did you find this place? It's not a very obvious building. I didn't even know there was a cafe here until you pointed it out to me."

Miles shrugged. "It's not a very interesting story. I just passed by on my way to school with a bit of a caffeine craving, noticed there was a sign for a cafe and walked in. To be honest, I had no idea it was here either. It was a chance discovery. " He smiled a little. "I'm glad I took the chance. This place has the best coffee in town, and I've been to the high-end places."

Varina rolled her eyes, unable to stop herself from nibbling on the now-ragged straw again. "Of course you have. What else would I expect?" Miles frowned in mock indignation, causing her to crack a grin. "Oh, relax. It's not like I care or anything. My best friend just so happens to be swimming in money. Big deal."

Miles couldn't help but drop the act to chuckle. "You're a terrible liar, Var. And I don't swim in it. I soak. Much classier." He frowned a little, looking towards the counter with a wistful air. "It's a shame my favorite barista isn't here today, though. I would have liked for you to meet him."

Varina shrugged. "Maybe next time," she responded, her ever-present smile in place, "I'd like to come back and try another of those crazy drinks sometime."

Miles nodded, pleased. "Tomorrow, then? I'm sure I'll need help with my math. Again." He scowled at the last word, the memory of the misplaced exponent still fresh in his mind.

Varina giggled. "Oh, of course. I'll point your your screw-ups any day of the week, Miles." Her friend didn't bother dignifying the statement with a response, instead giving her a playful scowl and batting her gently on the arm. She gathered up her things, overjoyed by the victory, and waved as she left. With a sigh, Miles put his math book away and left soon after, scooping up her forgotten cup along with his own and tossing them both in the trash.
Fira
Fira

Back to top Go down

Post by buulord Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:16 pm

Vargrit stood outside the unfamiliar cafe, peering at small scrap of paper in his hands before looking up at the sign reading 'Crossroads Cafe'. Looks like I'm finally at the right place. If not well, coffee's is coffee no matter where you go right?

He had heard good things about the coffee here from both Val and Kindra so he decided to check it out for himself.  He didn't really care for coffee in the first place but rather enjoyed the feeling of extra energy and alertness that came from downing the stuff. Besides it was better than just sitting around the apartment doing nothing between urges. An idle Vargrit was a bored Vargrit as he'd come to find out early in life and the only remedy was to be out doing something, even if it was just walking to someplace new.

Stuffing the paper scrap into his pocket he walked inside and made his way to the front.
buulord
buulord

Back to top Go down

Post by Regina Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:17 am

Kindra headed into the kitchen, unnoticed by Dex. She smiled over at him, feeling a pang of guilt for  laughing at him; she hoped he hadn't seen her and thought that she thought less of him. She just found his dorky nature so amusing at times in the most adorable manner. She quietly and quickly assembled the sandwich, not wanting to disturb Dex. The only bread she could see was pumpernickel, but she assumed that it was part of the sandwich's theme and shrugged (which was lucky for Dex, as she would have to lightly scold him for forgetting again). As soon as she finished she went back to the counter and delivered it to a greedily smiling Lacy. Lacy gladly took her free glowstick and headed out, sandwich in hand, taking large and unattractive bites as she walked.

ooc: You asked for it.

bic: It was only until she had finished that business that she realized Vargrit was there and smiled brightly at her roommate. Sure, the two weren't exactly best friends, but she enjoyed his company and besides, he and Val were kind of letting her live there (she paid her share, of course, but she was still a guest in their apartment due to their generosity). She leaned comfortably across the counter to greet the newest patron.

"Vargrit! Fancy seeing you here. Guess you got tired of hearing me and Val talk about the shop and decided to stop by? Anything I can get for ya?" She gestured to the specials and the regular menu, signaling that she was prepared to ring up his order.
Regina
Regina

Back to top Go down

Post by buulord Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:53 pm

Vargrit smiled back at her. "Yeah, pretty much. Figured I might as well try something from here and see what all the fuss is about."

His smile slipped away as he beheld the seemingly infinite menu. He knew his way around a bar so ordering a drink wasn't exactly new to him, but somehow seeing all the options laid bare in writing made it seem like there were twice as many as there actually were. What the hell is a mochachino? And are those sizes? I didn't even know Venti was a real word. Screw it, stick to the basics.

"Uh, that's a lot to choose from...I'll just take some black coffee with some espresso if you have it."
buulord
buulord

Back to top Go down

Post by Regina Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:30 pm

Kindra smiled a bit at Vargrit's confusion. She had trouble understanding and interpreting the menu when she first went to the cafe, so she could relate to his experience.

"Yeah, the menu is pretty overwhelming at times. Black coffee with expresso? You got it."

She went over to the machines and fixed up his order which took almost no time at all. After he paid, she started absentmindly wiping down the counter, even though it was hardly dirty.

"So, your thoughts on the coffee?"
Regina
Regina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fira Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:13 pm

Dex eventually tired of making cake pops, his previous embarrassment forgotten. He stepped out of the kitchen, going back behind the counter and took up his usual position next to Kindra. With an inquisitive glance around the place, he realized that there was...almost nobody there. "Yo, Kindra. If we don't get any more people in, I'm just gonna close up shop for the day." He grinned and undid his messy ponytail, the thin blue bangles on his wrists clicking against each other. "As much as I love the place, it'd be nice to get out and enjoy my day instead of sitting in an empty cafe for eight hours, y'know?"

After a moment, Dex realized he'd interrupted something. "Oh, whoops." He raised a hand in greeting at the newcomer. "Sorry 'bout interrupting like that! Don't mind me." Despite his words, Dex leaned forward to rest his elbows on the counter, curious as to who the new man was and how he and Kindra knew each other. Dex was quite good at remembering the faces and names of the cafe's patrons, and he was positive this man hadn't been there before. Perhaps it was one of Kindra's relatives? A friend, perhaps? The girl never talked about either, so either way, the newcomer was bound to be of interest to him.
Fira
Fira

Back to top Go down

Post by buulord Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:02 am

Vargrit took a long drink before setting the cup down and wiping his mouth lightly with the back of his hand.

"Not bad." He grimaced as he looked down at the cup. "Definitely gonna have to do some more hunting on my ideal drink though. So hows work been treating ya? Is it always this empty?"

Before he could get an answer, a man came out of the kitchen and started talking to Kindra briefly then quickly apologized to him.

"Hm? Don't sweat it, not like this was a private kind of conversation or anything like that."
buulord
buulord

Back to top Go down

Post by Regina Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:46 am

Kindra smiled happily in response to Vargrit's question.

"Works been great so far. It usually isn't this empty; it just must be one of those slow days."

She shrugged when Dex entered, dismissing his apology.

"I'm fine with going home early. Not gonna complain about having to do less work. And nah, you're fine. I was just talking to Vargrit. He's my other roommate, Val's boyfriend." She turned to talk to Vargrit and gestured to Dex. "This here's Dex, my coworker. His presence means that I'm not the only one here with unnaturally colorful hair." She smiled, teasing Dex a bit while also poking fun at herself.

Last edited by Regina on Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Regina
Regina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fira Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:21 pm

Dex covered his mouth with one hand, feigning extreme shock. "A boyfriend? Valerian? Scandalous." He held the pose for a moment before breaking character to chuckle at his own joke. "Seriously, though, good for her. Life ain't all about bartending, which seems to be the only thing she talks about."

He raised an eyebrow at Kindra's description of him, smiling. "Pink hair? Is that all I am to you? Oh, Kindra, I'm hurt! I'm so much more than my hair, as amazingly fabulous as it is." He couldn't help flipping his hair before continuing. "You could've mentioned my beautiful fashion styles, or my hard work as a pseudo-manager, or even my amazingly great puns, which I never fail to come up for our daily specials, which I also make myself!" He pulled an exaggerated frown, leaning back and covering his face with one hand. "But I suppose I will just have to settle...for my hair being the source of my fame."

After a long pause, he straightened up again with a grin. "Heh, sorry. I get quite dramatic when I'm bored. Was that too much?"
Fira
Fira

Back to top Go down

Post by buulord Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:03 am

"Not at all Dex." Vargrit replied with a laugh. "It's nice to meet someone with some energy. You don't see that too often in my line of work so it's always a high point of my day."

He took another sip of his coffee and leaned against the counter to get comfortable. "As for the bar, I'm not surprised to hear that. That place is her baby and it's got a lot history for a place that's only been around a few years. Just talking about it like this takes me back."
buulord
buulord

Back to top Go down

Post by Regina Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:40 am

Kindra smiled and almost laughed at Dex's antics. He honestly never failed to entertain her, the dork.

"Of course you mean more to me than pink hair. I need you here to make the puns for the specials that draw customers in, as I sure as hell can't come up with any. 'Sides you do most of the work during the normal shift." She said so with a teasing tone and smile, but there was a hint of sincerity in her words. She really appreciated her co-worker.

She stayed quiet while Vargrit and Dex discussed Valerian and her bar. She hadn't been there yet, despite how much Val loved it and babied it. The bar had been up and running by the time Val had found her, but Kindra's stomach still churned with the mere thought of alcohol. It was probable that it would take her some time to work up the courage to visit Val's pride and joy. Besides, she didn't mind listening to Dex and Vargrit interact. It was interesting to casually observe them as they talked.
Regina
Regina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fira Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:14 am

Dex chatted quietly with the new customer, greatly enjoying the experience. After a while, he straightened, brushing off his apron. "All right, I think I'll start closing up now, Kindra. Nice meetin' you, Vargrit. Don't be a stranger, okay?" He shot the man a grin before leaving the counter to start closing the shop for business.

The coffeeshop was soon cleaned, reorganized, and packed up. Dex stepped back over to the counter, finishing up his cleaning routine by wiping the specials board clean and removing his apron, slipping it in its alcove under the counter.. He started out the door, turning back before he left to check the state of the sleeping shop. With a small smile, he nodded once, flicked the lights off, and left the cafe, locking the door behind him.

~~~~

A chill wind breezed past a set of plain buildings, bringing with it the first hint of winter snow. The cafe sign rocked gently back and forth, but aside from the sign's motion, the building was steadfast and quiet. Within, a willowy blonde girl, looking about 19, stood at the counter, wiping down the already-polished surface with an air of barely-repressed nerves. Her supervisor wasn't here yet. He was supposed to be there ten minutes ago and yet she was the only one in the cafe. The girl sighed, her large brown eyes averted as she paused in her wiping. Maybe she was just early and had forgotten the time they were supposed to start. He would probably be upset at her when he found out.

The bell on the door tinkled merrily, snapping her out of her worry. She looked towards the door to find a man walking in, carrying a large bag of some sort and humming quietly to himself. He stopped to set the bag down, removing his comically large earmuffs and unbuttoning his coat with a sigh. it was only then that he turned his gaze towards her, and as soon as he did, he sucked in a breath, his eyes wide. "Oh, christ!" The man gathered his things and hurried behind the counter, dumping them haphazardly near the employee coathook. As he did so, he talked, babbling in a panic. "You must be the new recruit! Emily, was it? Oh god, I am ridiculously sorry, holy shit. I completely forgot to introduce myself or even stop by before I went shopping, oh, god, I am incredibly dumb--"

Emily squeaked out a response, cutting the man off. "U-um, Mr. Wellwood! It's no trouble, really. I...wasn't kept waiting for long..." She held up her hands, realizing she might have said the wrong thing. "I-i mean...I was able to open the store up, just as you asked, and...nobody has come in yet."

Dex paused, surprised. "Mr. Wellwood?" He frowned, his brow furrowed. "I'm not that old-looking, am I? Just Dex'll do. I'm not a manager or anything, so there's no need for those old man titles." He gave the girl a slight smile, more than a little self-conscious despite his appearance. "...Anyways. Basically, all you'll be doing is typical barista stuff, though we'll probs need you downstairs at some point. Can you cook?"

Emily shook her head quickly, but soon paused for a moment before hesitantly nodding. "I-i mean, I'm not great, or anything...but...I've been practicing. So...maybe?"

Dex nodded gratefully, clapping the girl on the shoulder. "You'll be fine. You wouldn't be here if you weren't qualified." He walked over to a cabinet and opened it, tossing Emily an apron before going to his alcove and retrieving his own. "We've got a pretty lax dress code, but the aprons are required. Gotta have some sort of dignity as a business, y'know?" The girl surprised herself by catching it, and he shot her a grin. "See what I mean? A natural. Now go ahead and make sure the cafe is open. I'll put up the specials for ya. Maybe if you get really good, you can help me out with them one day,"

Emily nodded, barely processing all of that, and hurried over to the window to check the sign and flip it to OPEN. Meanwhile, Dex turned to the specials board and quickly scribbled out the day's drinks and treats. He sighed and looked over his work, not very pleased with his creativity this time around. It would have to do.

***TODAY'S SPECIALS: Candy Cane Latte ♦ Jingle Bells Cake Balls ♦ Salad Claus ♦ Ho-Ho-Holiday Cookies***
Fira
Fira

Back to top Go down

Post by Regina Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:14 am

In another few minutes, another employee walked briskly up to the shop, clutching a messenger bag with a bright smile on her face. A strong gust of wind suddenly sent her hair and long skirt ruffling, and she yelped as she quickly attempted to smooth down her locks. She had gotten up early to straighten her usually kinky and wild mane, and wanted it to stay that way for a while. She pulled her coat tighter around her in an effort to block the chill, and was relieved when she finally reached the door, sighing in relief at the warmth of the shop.

"Ah... Much better. Hey there, Dex!" She then noticed the new girl, and her face lit up with excitement. She held out her left hand for Emily to shake, awkwardly switching it to her right when she remembered that most people weren't left-handed. "You must be the new employee. Nice to meet you! My name is April."
Regina
Regina

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Ressentiment Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:55 am

Sprinting down the sidewalk was the other new employee that was coming in today for their first day. He would have been there early, but due to becoming over excited about the snow, he proceeded to force his sister out of bed to make a snowman with him. Once she made the snowman, she remembered his new job for him and quickly began to fiercely pelt him with snow, sending him on his way to work a bit late. Bursting through the door, he arrived and caused some snow lodged under his hood on his hoodie he had up dumped onto his face, flinching he shouted, "Sis I swear I'm at work and not the game sto-" Stopping after he cleared the snow from his face allowing him to see properly and realized it was some snow falling and not his ass getting handed to him by his little sister.

With quite a hefty amount of snow all over his lime green hoodie, he flicked his hood off to reveal even more snow in his hair. He spoke with a great smile and a wave towards everyone inside, "I'm Florence! I... Am pretty sure this is where I was recently hired at right?" He spoke to the people as if the recent outburst did not just happen at all, "I apologize for my delayed arrival! I was engaged in a fierce battle with the forces of despair this morning and they had to be promptly dealt with!" was his excuse for playing in the snow this morning.
Captain Ressentiment
Captain Ressentiment

Back to top Go down

Post by Fira Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:06 am

Emily had been staring blankly at the window, so april's words caught her by surprise. "O-oh!" She turned to greet the other girl, looking flustered. "Um, hi. I'm Emily." She tentatively gave April's offered hand a shake before pausing, staring at the girl's face. "...Have we...met before?" Her brow furrowed in confusion. After a moment, she realized she was staring and shook her head. "Ah, no. You just look really...familiar, for some reason. Um. I'm going to go downstairs and look at the kitchen. H-have a nice day!" The girl hurried away, taking the stairs down, two at a time, before April had the chance to respond.

Dex watched her go, amused. "Man, this brings me back to when I was a newbie." He chuckled. "I've never seen someone this nervous, though. Here, catch." He tossed April her apron with a smile, before looking down and realizing that he hadn't even taken his coat off yet. However, he soon forgot it once again when he was greeted by the loud ringing of the bell as the door burst open.

Florence's dramatic entrance left him speechless for a moment, stunned. Once the newbie had made his announcement, however, Dex couldn't help but burst out laughing, doing so for a good minute before he could even speak coherently. "Pff...Oh my god. I was wondering when you'd show up." He paused for a moment to compose himself. "I only just got here myself, so I'll let the tardiness slide...this time, at least. Welcome to Crossroads, Flo!" He tossed the boy yet another apron, the last one in the cabinet. "You'll be doing some basic cleaning for now, since Em's busy getting the kitchen set up...at least, if those loud noises from downstairs are any indication..." He glanced nervously towards the stairs. "Just wipe down the tables, introduce yourself to the others, stuff like that. Oh, and I'm Dex, by the way!" He smiled, his little speech finished.

A few minutes later, the crashes and bangs from downstairs ceased, and a disheveled Emily returned. "...Is it just me, or does it seem like it was fall just...yesterday? A-and now it's almost Christmas..." She looked down bashfully. She shouldn't have even asked, it was a stupid question.

Dex raised an eyebrow at her, finally taking his coat off. "I have no idea what you're talking about..." His usual cheerfulness faded for a moment, the words cold. However, he quickly brightened again, continuing without missing a beat. "Fall did seem to just fly by. But time's still normal for me! One second per second, as it should be!"
Fira
Fira

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down